The H. Alden Smith House is a former mansion located within the Harmon Place Historic District near downtown Minneapolis, a block off of Loring Park and abutting the beautiful campus of The Minneapolis Community & Technical College. Designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style by architect William Channing Whitney, it was completed in 1887 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
W+Noordijk is renovating the mansion and incorporating 84 units of new construction multi-family market rate rental housing on the adjacent land. The new construction project will be connected to the historic house, with the beautiful refurbished main floor of the Smith House functioning as the public and community space for the entire project. The $24 million project budget includes a substantial amount of renovation to the beautiful H. Alden Smith House.
Construction begins in June, 2019 with an opening in the Spring of 2020.
Our Role– Developer/Owner
Redline Property Partners– Development Partner
LHB – Architects
Watson-Forsberg Company – General Contractor
For leasing information contact any one of us.